Marinade Ingredients: Yield 3 cups
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 6 T finely chopped fresh garlic
- 4 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups Extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the olive oil.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the bowl while whisking to emulsify the marinade.
Put everything except the oil in a blender and blend for 20 seconds to combine. Then drizzle the oil in slowly while blending on high to emulsify.
For the vegetables:
- For the squash and zucchini, cut off the root and the top then into 3-4 inch long segments. Then slice the segments lengthwise into about ¼ inch thick slices. For eggplant, just cut rounds of the same thickness. Slices of red onion also work well.
- Toss the slices with enough marinade to coat all surfaces evenly. They should be dressed with the marinade, not soaked.
- Let the veg marinate for about 20 minutes then season with salt and pepper and grill over high heat about 1 ½ minutes per side. They should be nicely charred on the outside but still have a little crunch to them.
- Lay flat on a sheet tray, drizzle with a little more marinade then cool completely.