Ingredients: Yield = 5 ¼ lbs.
- 5 lbs. – Red potatoes
- ¾ lb. – Red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup – mustard vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp. – chopped parsley
- 3 tsp. – chopped dill
- ½ tbsp. – Ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. – kosher salt
- Rinse potatoes and place in a pot of cold, salted water. Slowly bring to a simmer and cook gently until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water, and while still hot, cut in half, then cut each half into 6 to 8 pieces. Chunks should be roughly ½ in size.
- Put cut potatoes into a mixing bowl with the sliced onions, and toss with ¼ cup of mustard vinaigrette. Set aside to cool completely.
- Gently mix the cool potatoes with the parsley, dill, salt, pepper and remaining ½ cup vinaigrette.
- 2 tbsp. – finely chopped fresh garlic *use fresh, not pre-chopped*
- 4 tbsp. – Dijon mustard
- 1 cup – red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. – dried thyme
- 1 cup – extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups – blended oil
- 2 tsp. – kosher salt
- Put garlic, mustard, thyme, salt and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive and blended oil while whisking briskly to emulsify.
Put everything except oil in a blender, turn on high and slowly pour in oil to emulsify.