Comfort food for when the weather turns cool.
3 ea. – Mussels
3 ea. – Clams
4 ea. – Scallops (bay) ((60-80 ct.))
3 ea. – Shrimp (21-25 p&d)
5 oz. – Swordfish
2 Tsp – leeks
2 Tsp – garlic
4 Tsp – tomato (peared)
1 Tsp – basil
4 oz. – white wine
2 Tsp – extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan or sauce pot, sweat the leeks and garlic in olive over medium heat until aromatic.
- Add mussels, clams, scallops and shrimp and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, and add remaining ingredients except for basil
- Cover stew and let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until mussels and clams have all opened
- Once shell fish has opened, add basil and season with salt and pepper.